American Standard Flush Valve Replacement - One-piece Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

fshine

Reaction score
Hi -

I have an older American Standard low-profile, one-piece toilet. I purchased a universal replacement kit as I could tell the old fill valve was going, and thought I'd also replace the flush valve as well. However, I noticed (after I had already mangled the piece, of course) that the flush valve was not standard and threaded onto a brass nut that is within the toilet tank. I have found a replacement part for it at a few places, but the cost is somewhat prohibitive to repair v. replace the toilet. I was wondering though if I might be able to use a different part (either from a newer mode or different manufacturer) that would allow me to make the repair. I have a Kohler one-piece toilet, for example, that uses a rubber gasket that the flapper sits on top of as opposed to the American Standard's brass nut.

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

FShine

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks