American Standard Flush Valve Replacement - One-piece Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by fshine, Feb 1, 2010.

1. fshine

fshine New Member

Hi -

I have an older American Standard low-profile, one-piece toilet. I purchased a universal replacement kit as I could tell the old fill valve was going, and thought I'd also replace the flush valve as well. However, I noticed (after I had already mangled the piece, of course) that the flush valve was not standard and threaded onto a brass nut that is within the toilet tank. I have found a replacement part for it at a few places, but the cost is somewhat prohibitive to repair v. replace the toilet. I was wondering though if I might be able to use a different part (either from a newer mode or different manufacturer) that would allow me to make the repair. I have a Kohler one-piece toilet, for example, that uses a rubber gasket that the flapper sits on top of as opposed to the American Standard's brass nut.

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

FShine

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    could you attach a photo, 800 pixels or less?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement