American Standard Dual Flush

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by BradMM, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BradMM

BradMM New Member

MY FIRST POST! :D

Any problems with these? This is for a cabin that won't get anything but weekend use and I can buy this from the local Home Depot which is appealing because I won't have to lug something else from miles away.

By the way, I'm moving all the plumbing from one side of the house to the other and having to create a raised platform floor to accommodate the drain lines from the new fixtures. I didn't want to cut into the slab... this seems much simpler.

Also, I'm a landscape irrigation guy and wondered... is "hub" and "spigot" the same as female and male fittings in plumber-speak?

B

2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    I don't install Am. Std. toilets unless they are customer supplied with my only guarantee being that I installed it correctly...

That says something right there...

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    hub is female, and spigot is male.

If you were to cut the slab, I would go with a concrete cutting contractor, they use a diamond blade that is water cooled. No dust that way, and very clean cuts.

5. BradMM

BradMM New Member

I'm coring through the cinder block walls but not cutting the slab.

B