American standard dual flush fill water very slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Vibration

Reaction score
I have an American standard dual flush toilet, suddenly found it fill water very slow. If I shut off the valve and open it again, it fills the tank normally. But next flush would be the same. What's problem here? How to fix it? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have one of the leak-guard supply hoses, or just a 'standard' one? If not a standard one, throw it away and replace it with one. In addition to sometimes breaking, and flooding things in spite of the name on the thing, some flows can 'look' like a leak, and they then try to shut off. Shutting the supply valve off and then turning it back on again, resets the 'flood' valve in the hose.

Vibration

Reaction score
Yes, Terry, it is a Fluidmaster. I found their instruction, and it suggests a Fluidmaster Model 242 replacement seal like my situation. Is it right? Thank you. Also thanks Jad.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
ON a new one, the seal shouldn't be an issue. I suppose, if it is not installed properly, maybe. It's a rubber disk in a cap. Easily replaced without tools. The instructions are on their website along with pictures of how to access it. Should take all of 30-seconds to replace, if that's it. It does sound ore like you have a Watts, FloodSafe supply hose, though. If so, throw it away and put in a 'standard' one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks