American Standard Colony cartridge faucet problems

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ab55, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ab55

ab55 New Member

Hello, I was having pressure problems in my shower and removed the cartridges to flush out the lines. After replacing them water comes out at a trickle regardless to if the faucet is open of closed. It is an american standard colony 2 handle faucet. anyone have any ideas? thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Do you mean the water leaks out even when the faucet is turned off, or that the flow is ALWAYS a trickle regardless of whether the handle is turned part way or full open? If the former, you did not reassemble the faucet properly, and if the latter, the problem is probably in the shower head.
  3. ab55

ab55 New Member

the water leaks out whether the faucet is on or off. I figured the faucet was assemble wrong, I just could not figure out why. It seems to be the cartridge itself that is incorrect. thanks for the reply.
  4. ab55

ab55 New Member

Anybody ever seen anything like this before?
  5. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Replace your cartridge and troubleshoot from there.