American Standard - Cadet Flowise Pressure-Assisted Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

brussell257

Reaction score
I recently installed a American Standard - Cadet Flowise (Model #2467.100.020). I'm very unfamiliar with pressure assisted toilets but the wife insisted on switching to these. Since installing, I've noticed a very small leak shows in pictures attached. Is this normal? Or do I have a problem? As mentioned, it's a small amount of water but it seems like it would add up over time. The cap shown is normally attached but I removed it to see underneath. Thank you for any assistance anyone can offer.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 472
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 472

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That looks a little different than what I'm used to.
Here is something from the Flushmate site.

Condition: Vacuum Breaker Leaking If the Vacuum Breaker (E) is leaking, it is likely that the water pressure is insufficient or that there is insufficient flow due to a plugged inlet screen in the lower Supply Shank. The recommended static pressure for the 503 Series is between 20 psi and 80 psi and for the 504 Series between 25 and 80 psi. Note: If the trouble-shooting steps listed in this manual do not resolve your problem, contact FLUSHMATE® Consumer Services at 800-533-3460 or email info@flushmate.com. Please be prepared to provide the serial number and date of installation of your FLUSHMATE® system.

A672017

Reaction score
This is a WDI EcoFlush B8104 1.1 GPF Pressure Tank and the upper supply always have leaks all the time on all toilets equipped with this garbage pressure vessel when it comes to refilling the pressure assist tank after a flush.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This is a WDI EcoFlush B8104 1.1 GPF Pressure Tank and the upper supply always have leaks all the time on all toilets equipped with this garbage pressure vessel when it comes to refilling the tank after a flush.

I won't sell tanks with the EcoFlush anymore. Flushmate works though. They may want to switch out to Flushmate.

A672017

Reaction score
American Standard has fully implemented EcoFlush B8106S 1.6 GPF pressure vessel in their 1.6 GPF pressure assisted models since 2016 when they discontinued using Flushmate the same year. Prior to 2016, the 1.6 toilets used Flushmate. The 1.1 GPF pressure assisted models always had the EcoFlush B8104 tank since 2009. If anyone is looking for a pressure assisted toilet, stay away from American Standard's pressure assisted models.

The EcoFlush B8106S vessel was designed specially to fit into American Standard's tanks while the regular EcoFlush B8106 pressure tank which used the same consumption 1.6 GPF.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Great info, A672017!!

This is incredible. What a brain-dead move by AS.

Does this mean that the Glenwall now comes only with the Ecoflush?

A672017

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg
Great info, A672017!!

This is incredible. What a brain-dead move by AS.

Does this mean that the Glenwall now comes only with the Ecoflush?
Yes, Same goes with the Glenwall as well. (Picture of the Glenwall 4098 tank from Ebay)

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sad, but what you are seeing from AS may in fact be becoming the American standard when it comes to quality! Some countries take quality to a higher standard (maybe Germany and Japan). I think it all comes down to the end cost. We can certainly engineer quality stuff, but the execution and suppliers don't always follow through. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, sometimes, not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks