American Standard Aquarian Valve New Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

ChelseyDIY

Reaction score
Hey all. I am trying to replace the handle for my American standard valve which i have attached to this message. The valve works perfectly however we are updating our bathroom and want to put new fixtures. However, after buying a "Universal Trim Kit" we realized after sawing off the old handle that the kit would not work. So i have been googling like a mad woman and have yet to find any updated looking Trim kits for this specific valve. Since i live in an apartment complex and my hot water shut off valve does not want to work/turn i can not remove said valve until we have a "water shut down." Should i just replace this valve with a newer updated one or is there some kind of solution without removing the valve?

aquarian-terrylove-01.jpg

aquarian-terrylove-08.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4638.JPG
    IMG_4638.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 798
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The simple answer is that you are NOT going to find any kind of trim kit for that valve. It was never "popular" enough that there would be a demand for an upgrade nor that anyone would make one. Your valve has "integral shut offs" which makes it too wide to change the valve without removing some tile.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
tl2368ep-terrylove-03.jpg

On this one I cut out the old valve and replaced with a Moen Posi-Temp with stops. It makes it easier in a condo to replace a cartridge. Just remove the plate, turn the stops to off and then you have access for changing out the cartridge without bothering your neighbors.

tl2368ep-terrylove-04.jpg

tl2368ep-terrylove-05.jpg

The old tub spout was run with 3/4" and spaced off from the tub with a large washer.

On the new install I spaced the down tube out with a 2x4, using a drop ear 90 threaded up to a brass nipple and the Delta tub spout

tl2368ep-terrylove-06.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks