American Standard Aquarian Shower Faucet ID / Trim replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

kalvnhobbz

Reaction score
I've got a shower with the following American Standard shower faucet. I believe it was installed in the early 1980's. Any idea what trim replacements are available for it now? If any?

The faucet works by turning left or right for hot and cold, and angling out for flow. I'm guessing that probably means it's not a pressure-balanced valve, right?

Looking to replace this, but if replacing it is going to mean cutting a hole in the wall behind the shower than I guess I'll just learn to accept it. :)

photo..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
You have an American Standard "Aquarian" and it is not pressure balancing. Chrome trim should be obtainable but would most likely have to be ordered, other than perhaps a handle (this valve used a couple different ones). The AS part number for the cartridge is either 57864-07 (4 gallon) or 69382-07 (8 gallon). If you want to change it you have to open the wall.

aquarian-terrylove-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks