american standard actuator bounces

Users who are viewing this thread

pedroa

Reaction score
I replaced the actuator(flapper) on a 17 year old american std tank and it keeps bouncing up & down as it tries to seal. At first I though it was from the waves made as water fills the tank, so I tried slowing down the rate of flow into the tank. But the problem persists. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

NoEffort

Reaction score
I had the same problem, just started recently after I replaced the actuator with the OEM replacement part.
I solved the problem by ditching that piece of junk (AS Lexington model) and replaced with a toto. Only thing I regret was not doing it years ago.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would clean the ports under the rim inside the bowl. Use a piece of coat hanger wire and push it into each one. Also make sure the sipho jet at the bottom of the bowl. If you are using an in tank bowl cleaner such as the infamous blue glop get rid of it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks