American Standard 4083 one piece

Users who are viewing this thread

MrsGG5

Reaction score
I am searching for a valve assembly for American Standard one piece toilet 4083 (with overflow tube , dog ear installation) . I haven't been able to find one online? One plumber has offered to sell me one for $200 which I believe is too expensive. Can anyone help me with this? I have 4 of these toilets and haven't been able to find the correct replacement parts for them.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I am searching for a valve assembly for American Standard one piece toilet 4083 (with overflow tube , dog ear installation) . I haven't been able to find one online? One plumber has offered to sell me one for $200 which I believe is too expensive. Can anyone help me with this? I have 4 of these toilets and haven't been able to find the correct replacement parts for them.

The only 4083s I see are two-pieces. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'm assuming you need the flush valve rather than the fill valve (overflow tube you referenced). Why do you need the whole valve? Is there a problem that changing the flapper wouldn't fix?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The 4083 is a toilet tank, and should use a conventional flush valve. I don't know what you mean by "dog ear installation". Their one piece toilets all start with a 20xx never 40xx.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The reason we are asking all this is the following:

Most older toilets, the nonpressurized two-piece models with 2" flush valves and some kind of straightforward fill valve, are basically china vessels that have standardized holes for penetrations by the fill and flush valves, and accordingly can take a wide assortment of generic parts. You can use the Korky 528 fill valve in most of them or a fluidmaster 400A, rather than an old-timey float ball fill valve. Similarly, you can usually use a Korky 2" universal flush valve with a standard generic (Korky) flapper on it. In most cases, there is no reason ever to pay $200 for parts for a toilet when you can buy a Korky fill valve for about $12 at HD and a Korky flush valve kit for about the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks