American or foreign made?

Users who are viewing this thread

enviroko

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at buying either a Kohler Cimerron, Eljer Titan or Toto Drake. I'd like to buy American. I know the Eljer is American made but anyone know about the other two? Also which would be best for a fairly small space?

Thanks!

attachment.php

Toto Ultramax

TOTO manufactures many of their products in America

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Today, I'm not sure you can safely say any of them are made here...they may be designed here, but that may not be a factor. The Toto has a factory in (I think) GA, but depending on the model, some parts may come from other places. With today's economy, there just aren't that many totally made in America products as one would think.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It changes all the time, but looking at my stock right now, this is some of what I have from the US.

TOTO MS853113S, USA
TOTO MS854114S, USA
TOTO MS854114SG, USA
TOTO MS854114SL, USA
TOTO MS604114CEFG, USA
TOTO MS964214CFG, USA
TOTO MS974224CFG, USA
TOTO CST764SG, USA
GERBER 21-302, USA/China
GERBER 21-312, USA/China
GERBER 21-318 USA/China

attachment.php

Toto Ultramax

Last edited:

JohnD

Reaction score
The round front Cimmaron uses less space the the Eljer Titan, I'm not familiar with the Toto Drake, someone else could probably tell you the dimensions.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
sad fact of life:

It is a big world. It is very difficult to make a widget in this country paying a loaded payroll cost of $20+++ per hour, paying $7 per HCF for water, follow EPA pollution rules, etc. and sell that at a price that can compete with one made where a zero is removed from the labor cost, water is free, and no one gives a bleep about pollution.

One example I love to quote: I have noticed all the large manhole covers here in the city of San Diego are "Made in India". So they can cast that 400 pound behemoth over there, and ship it all the way over here, and do it cheaper than buying it from a foundry an hour up the road in LA County.

Price drives everything. We all spout platitudes about how we are willing to PAY for QUALITY. But, when we are the owner/contractor/builder/john q. homeowner, the bottom line seems to always influence our choices. We.....the American consumer.....have created our own nightmare!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks