Aluminum Gutters

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by cacher_chick, Jun 6, 2010.

1. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

I need to replace my gutters. Seamless aluminum seem to be the way to go but I'm not sure how to handle a 50' long gutter on my ranch-style home.

I can see some some benefit to splitting it in the middle and having a downspout on each end of the house. In that case I'm left wondering how does one do the transition at the center where the gutter pitches in opposite directions? And what are good ways to handle 25' of gutter (or more) with just one helper?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Where are you going to GET a seamless gutter. All the ones I have ever seen were formed onsite by the company, and THEY did the installation.
  3. cacher_chick

We have a couple of area lumberyards that make them and then will deliver to the job site.

I was thinking of putting together 2 sticks of 3" pvc to tape into the gutter for support while handling. Still not sure about the transition.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  4. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

I bet the cost of having the lumberyard making them up then delivering them, would be close to the same price as having them made on site and installed by a gutter contractor.

John
  5. cacher_chick

If that were true the job would already be done. Labor is double the cost of materials.