Alsons diverter question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rudyjr

Reaction score
I have a bathroom that has a 1990's vintage whirlpool tub with a roman tub spout and hand held shower. The hot and cold valves are Moen and the diverter is a lever style Alsons 4930 transfer valve. The spout and shower are mounted in the deck of the tub and the valves are mounted in the tiled wall. The diverter has more or less locked up and is stuck on the shower side. From the little I have been able to find it appears that Alsons is now part of Delta. I can get the handle and the trim off but am uncertain how to remove the stem. Does anyone know of any resources that show pictures and breakdowns of Alsons valves made during that time period? I am going to try to post some pictures if that will help. Thanks for any help.

Found an old ebay link with pictures of the valve:http://www.ebay.it/itm/Alsons-4930-Deck-Mount-2-way-Transfer-Valve-1-2-IP-less-flange/221863801445

Last edited:

Rudyjr

Reaction score
I zoomed in on the instruction sheet that is in the listing and it says to use a wrench on the flats on the end of the valve and turn counter clockwise. I tried that and it really does not want to budge at all any suggestions? I would really hate to twist the whole thing in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks