Alpha antivirus

Users who are viewing this thread

3m

Reaction score
This program showed up on My computer and wont stop trying to get Me to purchase it. Any help

Cookie

Reaction score
I have never heard of it, but, I am pretty sure it might be a virus. Have you tried rebooting and then, scanning with norton or whatever you have?

Was it in a pop up? Pop ups usually conceal a virus.

Use task manager to close down, if that won't work, just shut off the computer, the power.

I looked it up, it is spyware, do you have a removal for it? Ad-Aware?

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Download Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy, load and update the definitions. Reboot computer in Safe Mode. Use Task Manager to make sure it's not running when booted in safe mode. Run Ad-Aware and Spybot, that should remove it.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
That's because Sysmantec sucks.

Get Spybot or AdAware for spyware; and get AVG or AntiMalware for viruses.

They're free (shareware) and work MUCH better than Sysmantec.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Is it a new antivirus. I didn't hear about it before. Can you tell me some thing about it. Means its performance. If it is good than i 'll try to use it.

Thanks for the sandwich!

spam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
This is a common type of infection, though the faux "anti-spyware" name changes. It may or may not be something you can get rid of yourself. The aforementioned bleepingcomputer.com is one of the best forums on the internet for curing these problems. I'm an advisor there, though I'm not in the same class as the malware removers.

If you go there for help, make sure you read the stickies at the top of the Hijack This section before you post to find out how to do it. Do not reply to your own post - any post with replies is ignored.

Hijackthis is a program that you should not run without help. It displays good files as well as bad and if you try to do it yourself you may destroy your operating system.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ah Herk...
I have had fun with "Hijack This" my self when I had a malware infestation years ago...
Kinda funny I reported a bug on the Hijack This and Merijin ended up helping me out...

Do follow Herks advice and use the forum for help!
Hijack this is strong medicine and you can do serious damage with it.

3m

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info but had to take it in to a computer expert, it was infected. They fixed me all up

Cookie

Reaction score
That is good news, I was wondering about you, and hoping you got it fixed.
Good to see you did. Now will you fix mine? Everytime I walk away from my laptop it hiberates into a coma and doesn't come back. :) I have to restart.

Last edited:

kally

Reaction score
great

So people are not counted as homeless if they’re living doubled up with friends or relatives or if they’re in camping grounds or cheap motels because they can’t afford a month’s worth of rent or a security deposit. Nor are children counted if they’re in institutions because their parents are homeless.
http://www.**********ionsale.com/Alias-Seasons-1-5-DVD-Bo*****--DVD-1804.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks