All I can get is 1/8 slope on 2 inch shower drain - will this work?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by cbrown160, Nov 11, 2013.

1. cbrown160

cbrown160 New Member

Hello all - first time poster - I'm in the middle of an ambitious bathroom remodel, including a curbless shower with linear drain (full kerdi shower), and i have a concern about my shower drain. I get good drop (just over 1/4inch per foot) for 2 feet coming out of the p trap, but then get 1/8th inch drop per foot for about 8 feet. Then I sweep in to another line with the right drop… This is all brand new 2" PVC, and I have a shower and two sinks on this line. I have this nagging fear that I'm going to finish this project, fire up the inaugural shower and flood the bathroom because it doesn't drain right… Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Any time the slope flattens out, things slow down and become a location where stuff can collect. Not sure what an inspector would say, it will be interesting to see what the pros have to say. FWIW, larger pipe (4"+) can have a shallower slope in some situations.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You would normally drop 2" in eight feet.
    You have 1" drop now. It's pushing it. Most inspectors would turn that down.

Will it work? In a way. I think the shower would tend to keep the line clear better than two lavs would.