Airless Water Valve, Paying too much for water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Just as long as they install it in front of the electronic water conditioner with the blinking led's that say its working they'll be just fine.... LOL

markcreepy

Reaction score
I know I am late to the party but had to put in my 2 cent's. The airless water valve is a sham. I bought one to see for myself because I work for a municiple water utility. It is a spring loaded check valve with an orifice that is about 3/8" in diameter. So yes it may well reduce your bill by up to 40% because you will be reducing your flow by as much as 40%. You will still have the same pressure because 50lbs in a 1 inch pipe will still be 50 lbs when you reduce it to 3/8" ......but your flow will be less than half of what it was. The reason they are so adamant about putting it after the meter is simple. If you put it before the meter you will have no water it is a one way spring loaded check valve it only allows flow in one direction and if installed before the meter water pressure will hold it closed. These people should be arrested.

markcreepy

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The only way to reduce your water bill is to install a hidden saddle tap BEFORE the meter and bleed off half of your water illegally.

Selling a kit to do that would at least be "honest".

Include a bail bond number in the kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks