Air Vent Valve keeps leaking inside Alpine boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Bozman

Reaction score
2016 Burnham Alpine 210B- The air vent valve has a slight leak, has anyone else seen this?
I have replaced it 3 times since 2016 and about to do it the 4th time now. I tried taking it off and cleaning it but its no help, only a new one stops the leak for a bit of time (one season) and then it starts leaking again.
I have work that needs to be done this year finally (previous post on maintenance posted) upgrades will include bigger expansion tank, system flush. maybe a magnet filter and Spiro vent. Maybe sediment gets caught in it?
Observation: It probably has a slow drip when heating domestic but since I turned the heat on for the first time tonight it really started dripping. I noticed it because I had the cover off.
Update - replaced it today, and appears to be ok now. As usual though you mess with one thing and other things change, now the pressure relief valve started to drip a little bit. Also while it was running the pressure when up higher maybe because I had shut it down and de pressurized it? it was around 20 now it went up to almost 30. I turned off the thermostat once more let it sit for an hour and flipped the pressure relief valve a little bit in case sediment wasn't preventing it from closing, and its down to just a few drips and once I turned it back on the pressure hasn't gone up as high so probably ok.

Attachments

• IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks