Air setting for Beckett Gun

Users who are viewing this thread

sibi1972

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a Beckett AFG gun and the air settings are closed. Beckett used to have a chart included with the gun for these settings but no longer does. The install directions say I need to check the exhaust gasses to set this up and I have no idea what I need to be able to do that.

I'm thinking I can open them about 1/3 of the way just to get it running for a system test THEN call in a boiler service guy to set this up for me.

What do you think, will this plan be OK?

Or is there a rough setting based on the gun and nozzle that I can use and be close enough to the ball park?

Thanks for any help you can lend here.

Sibi

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Call service guy

Instead of messing around with this and guessing the correct setting, you should just go ahead and get the service guy you mentioned in to set it up. He will adjust it to give you a correct burn and best efficiency.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You NEED a combustion analyzer to adjust the burner. Any attempt to guess at the setting could be dangerous.

sibi1972

Reaction score
Thank you Guys,

After seeing the prices of combustion analyzers I see that I won't be buying one and I guess it is prudent to wait for this to be correctly set up as this boiler is fired up.

My only problem with this is knowing if it's done correctly.

Is there a standard set of settings that this needs to conform to or should I call Beckett and see what they say?

If I have to wait to see this fire up, I don't want the guy who's doing it to just eye ball this. I can screw this up myself, I already know that.

What do you think? How can I find out what the settings are supposed to be?

Sibi

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There are no standard settings. The air band and the drawer assembly will be set according to the readings obtained from the combustion analyzer. Nozzle size and spray pattern along with pump pressure, over fire draft, flue draft, oil temperature, and ambient temperature all effect the reading.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks