Air Injector question again vs Mazzi Injector

Users who are viewing this thread

K Paterson

Reaction score
I currently have 'micro" air injector the size of a childs shoe. It really restricts the volume of water flow into the house so that it can inject air into it. My question is..... are the Mazzi Injectors much better? Can they still produce air but allow more water to pass through them. My pump can pump 8GPM, but if the air injector won't allow it, then what's the point. My problem is it takes too long for my pressure to raise to the 60psi and then shut off. This is because of the size of the venturin in the injector. Please see pic, scroll down to air injector to see. Hope link works.

Default.aspx

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the pump is getting weak.
Might be time to replace the pump down in the well.

Link is not working, there is no photo of what you are talking about.

From what I have seen over the years, a good mazi or injector can be clean but not working if the flow from the well is not where it needs to be, taking a very long time for the pressure tank to come up to pressure.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am injecting air so that the liquid iron can be "caught" by my iron remover. The pump is 6mths old. Just wondering basically if the Mazzi is better than the micro injector. Will it allow more volume of water through it? Thanks

What size pump is in the well? what is the gallon out put of the well?

If the pump is only doing 4 gpm and the injector from say WaterSoft is needing 6gpm, then nothing will work right. That would also explain why it takes so long to rebuild pressure in the pressure tank.

K Paterson

Reaction score
The pipe is not rusted I did check for that. The pump puts out 8GPM. I unhooked the hose just prior to the injector and I got 8GPM in 45secs. I know its not under true pressure but.... Is the Mazzi injector better? What "lenght of pipe are you talking about?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Air is an oxidizer (oxygen) and air oxidizes ferrous iron converting it to ferric iron (rust) as soon as the two mix, which is just past the hole in the injector where the air is added to the water stream and rust forms in the pipe. The pipe doesn't rust, rust builds up in the pipe and reduces flow through the pipe and into the filter. It doesn't matter how long the pipe is. I've seen blockage in just 6"-12" of pipe that you can't see the sun or any daylight through it at noon while pointing it at the sun on a cloudless day.

45 seconds isn't a minute so you have 8 gallons in 45 seconds, not 8 gpm; you may have a 1/4 more than that.

Air injection is a bad way to treat iron regardless what brand etc. of injector is used. And one injector is about the same as the next. Like Ford, Chevy or Dodge pickup trucks, or 5 lb bags of sugar.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks