Air Injector problem

Users who are viewing this thread

K Paterson

Reaction score
I have an "air injector" ,about the size of a childs shoe, right where my water enters my house. I then have a pressure bladder tank, iron remover and then water softener. I recently had sand in my well which caused my pump to sieze. Since replacing the pump the "air injector" will not suck air. In normal conditions the injector will create lots of suction, now it is minimal. I took apart the injector and cleaned everything. I took the injector part out and sucked on it and it opens and closes no problem. I have very good flow after the injector. What could cause it not to suck air. My pressure tank seems to work, turns on at 40psi, off at 60 psi. I am wondering if sand in the pressure tank could cause it? What kind of flow do you need for the injector to suck air? Any help would be great!!!! Is a "masi" injector a lot better?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Probably still something plugging up the injector. Do yourelf a favor and dump the whole injector set up.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
When the pump was re sized was it up or down in flow rate from the old one?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks