Air in the plumbing - Rainsoft house filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I'm still suspect the blue relief valve is not functioning correctly. So I may get a plumber out for that since it doesn't sound like I need Rainsoft.
The vast majority of plumbers won't know anything about it.

Look up an independent water treatment guy under the heading Water in your yellow pages and tell him you have an air pump system and describe the problem. Or get in touch with
http://www.air-pump.com/package.html. You want a Maxi Vent.

Yes it could all be controlled by a flow switch.

I used to sell air pump systems before going to erosion pellet chlorinators.

It has nothing to do with pressure.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hey guys, the "vast majority of you don't know how a solenoid valve works"

I keep forgetting how stupid we plumbers are :rolleyes:

cpharvey

Reaction score
Gotta love the internet. I found a couple of nice videos that showed exactly how it worked. I now have a higher appreciation for my father who used to make them!

We decided to keep the Rainsoft appointment for today so i'll update more when he's been out. At least this way, now we know a LOT more about how the system works and where the problems might be. That'll help when it comes to not being given the run-around.

More later and I (we) really do appreciate everyone's help.

cpharvey

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in the update. We went away for the weekend and then I had to travel for business.

Rainsoft came out and found two problems. The good news is that since the visit the problem is apparently resolved.

The two issues were:

1) the blue valve was toast
2) the air pump was pushing slightly too much air

They replaced the blue valve and they adjusted the air pump which was pushing something like 62 psi instead of 50.

He said there was air in all three tanks that he bled out.

They also replaced the Silver series timer with a digital one for $50 which I thought was a decent deal.

So the main issue apparently was the blue valve which was completely stuck, explaining why I couldn't get it off at all. He said usually he can pull them off and clean them out, but this was totally stuck.

So the call was around $225 with the $50 part. Not great, but worth it since our water is now right.

I now have to go around all the toilets having noticed there's tons of black sediment in the tank above every toilet. We also should replace the water filter in the fridge since i'm sure that's probably toast too.

I wanted to say thanks for all your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks