Air Gap pumping water outside, Dishwasher, Air Gap and Garbage Dispenser all are new

Users who are viewing this thread

sona

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm hoping you'll all have some good advice for me.
I have a Bosch SHX68T55UC/02 dishwasher. I purchased it in November 2014 but just started using it. From day one it is pumping water outside. I got the air gap changed, even though it was new, Garbage Dispenser is also new. not sure what the problem is.

Thanks in advance,
Sona

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't install Bosch dishwashers with air-gaps anymore. They seem to pump out too fast for them.
I would install that with a "high loop".
Run the hose high in the cabinet, and then to the disposer.

sona

Reaction score
I don't install Bosch dishwashers with air-gaps anymore. They seem to pump out too fast for them.
I would install that with a "high loop".
Run the hose high in the cabinet, and then to the disposer.
Can you be little more clear- when you say (I don't install Bosch dishwashers with air-gaps anymore.) is it that you don't install Bosch dish washer or you can install it without air-gap.
What is high loop?
which air-go do you recommend? The one i installed is PartsmasterPro

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Bypass the air gap and high loop the discharge hose as high as you can get it in the cabinet.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Also did you make sure you knocked out the plug on disposer where the discharge connects to.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would never install a PartsmasterPro Air Gap.
I do install Dearborn air gaps.

I don't install air gaps for the Bosch brand, as they pump out too much water for an air gap.
I do install bosch with a high loop to the disposer, assuming you knock out the plug first.
A high loop is done by installing the tubing from the dishwasher high under the sink before entering the drain at the disposer.
You want as little water as possible draining back to the dishwasher.
Or you can install to a Johnson Tee in the Seattle area, or to a tee'ed fitting under the sink.

sona

Reaction score
I would never install a PartsmasterPro Air Gap.
I do install Dearborn air gaps.

I don't install air gaps for the Bosch brand, as they pump out too much water for an air gap.
I do install bosch with a high loop to the disposer, assuming you knock out the plug first.
A high loop is done by installing the tubing from the dishwasher high under the sink before entering the drain at the disposer.
You want as little water as possible draining back to the dishwasher.
Or you can install to a Johnson Tee in the Seattle area, or to a tee'ed fitting under the sink.

Thanks for your suggestion. I managed to fix it the way you suggested. Your advice also helped me to understand the problem and how it works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks