Air gap faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Kayser

Reaction score
I recently purchased a reverse osmosis filter system which has an air gap faucet. The existing hole in our quartz countertop is 1.5". The faucet requires a hole up to 1.25". The base of the faucet does not cover the hole in the quartz. Where would I find some type of escutcheon that i can mount this faucet on to reduce the size of the hole? Is there something else I can do to make this work?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Cheap way: get a hole plug with the finish you want. Drill or punch a hole in it. Does the faucet really need a 1-1/4 inch diameter hole? I would have thought a smaller hole would work.

You could look around the sink drain fittings. Maybe you could find a slip joint nut that would be used.

Fancier way: buy a new RO socket that is made for 1-1/2 inch hole. Some are not so expensive. Some have built-in TDS sensors.

Last edited:

Scott Kayser

Reaction score
Thanks. The hole can be as small as 1". I was trying to do this on the cheap, but a new faucet may be the best answer. I think I'll try the hole plug first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks