Air discharge in water

Users who are viewing this thread

jreed

Reaction score
Ive been battling this issue for a while and it seems to come and go. We are getting air discharge in our water lines. The culligan water softener and iron filter we have are ruled out as the culprit.

When I connect a hose to the outlet at my well xtrol pressure tank I get the air so it seems to be an issue with the well or tank. If i shut the pump off and open the valve at the tank I get a big rush of air when the water stops running. Is that normal? Once I turn the water back on, it takes about 3 days for the air to return to in the water.

The pressure tank doesn't seem to be water logged. Is it possible that it is losing air gradually and leaking it into the water? My water pressure does seem to be getting slightly lower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks