Air Bleeder Valves - O Ring

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chefwong, Jun 12, 2012.

1. chefwong

chefwong Member

Just looking at air bleeder valves for baseboards.
    Is one design better than the other.

One is just a regular thread ...
    The latter has a o ring on the bottom of it, so the valve doesn't truely bottom out onto the baseboard.
    Regardless, I do dope the fitting.

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    I have never used anything other than the standard IPS threaded ones. THey do NOT bottom out on the baseboard, but one with an "O" ring would HAVE to bottom out in order to seal.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Standard coin vents or the ones that take a square socket are usually 1/8" NPT, no O ring

5. chefwong

chefwong Member

No a fan of the O ring. Bought one.....when loosening the setscrew to bleed it, you need a box wrench (on my baseboard at least cause it's slim) to hold it in place - s the setscrew force will turn it.

The latter type, on the same style baseboard does not do this..