Air Admittance Valve on 3"

Users who are viewing this thread

Robby

Reaction score
We are looking at adding a toilet and sink in a small closet. The area is on a crawl space and there is an unused closet behind it where I can connect the sink vent and install a 5' tall 3" stack with a 3" air admittance valve. We are also looking at adding a washer upstairs. We thought we might use a 2" air admittance valve there too. Will this setup work well? See photo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How how would the air admittance valves need to be in relation to sink or washer drain?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Vent plan.jpg
    Vent plan.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,161

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav can wet vent the toilet, using a 3x2 wye or combo fitting, running the lav in 2", and then terminate with a 2" AAV with access.
No need for a 3" vent stack.

The washer upstairs on the separate 2" going upstairs can only have an AAV if there is at least one open air vent going through the roof. Though I would check on that, because there might be positive pressure on the washer vent when it pumps out. It's best go go atmospheric there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks