Advices needed : Toilet and shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerg

Reaction score
Hi,

I have to change the original position of my toilet in the basement. It is going to be located where the shower should have been.

My problem is that the toilet drain have to pass through the sink drain to reach its new position.

Can I connect the 1.5in drain of the sink in the 2in drain of the shower to help me ? Can I connect the sink directly in the 3in of the toilet ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If everything has a proper vent and you can keep the slope at or above the minimum, it doesn't matter the order of where you attach things to the drain except for common sense things like you can't connect a 3" drain to a restriction - you can only maintain or go bigger, never smaller. You also need to use the proper fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks