Advice on Red Lion deep well pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

rjp1965

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 292 foot deep well and a 270 foot first water level. My current pump was installed in 1985 and is a 1hp 3 wire. I'm considering replacing the pump as it may have gone out (waiting for the electrician to eliminate other possibilities at the moment).

Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with the Red Lion pumps? I'm looking at this model: RL12G10 - 3W2V.

I appreciate any information.

Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I believe Red Lion is just another of Franklins box store grade pumps. But the quality of "professional grade" pumps has been reduced so much over the years there is not a lot of difference other than the plastic discharge and suction adapter.

I see they only offer the 12 GPM version. So at your depth and pressure you will need the 1.5HP. the 1HP can't reach 60 PSI for the pressure switch. If you want to use a 1HP you will need to find a 7-10 GPM series pump that can pump from that depth.

rjp1965

Reaction score
I believe Red Lion is just another of Franklins box store grade pumps. But the quality of "professional grade" pumps has been reduced so much over the years there is not a lot of difference other than the plastic discharge and suction adapter.

I see they only offer the 12 GPM version. So at your depth and pressure you will need the 1.5HP. the 1HP can't reach 60 PSI for the pressure switch. If you want to use a 1HP you will need to find a 7-10 GPM series pump that can pump from that depth.

Thank you. I appreciate the information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks