Advice on moving shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

gorgon79

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Aqua-Glass shower surround for a 32x60" opening.
After removing the old tile and shower pan, I found the drain in the floor does not allign with the factory cut flooring. It needs to be relocated about 3 inches to the right. Any ideas to remedy this problem for the non plumbing inclined? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depends on the type of pipe, cast iron, pvc, abs and how much access you have. It's one thing if it is buried in concrete, another if it is in a wood floor. Basically, you'd cut out the old stuff and redo with new getting everything to line up. How is the drain for the shower supposed to be connected? Is it a compression fit, a glued fit, etc. Is it designed for pvc? That will somewhat determine the material you use. Converting from one to another isn't a big deal. A few more details, and useful help can be supplied!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A bathroom has more things that can be plumbed incorrectly than any other single area in the home. It is not an area that you should use as a classroom for how to plumb. You will be time, money, and grief ahead if you bite the bullet and hire a plumbing contractor to do the job right the first time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks