Advice on feeding house panel from pole mounted meter 200a

Users who are viewing this thread

Lam243

Reaction score
I'm looking at my options for bringing 200amp service into my new house I am building. Currently the meter with disconnect is pole mounted 80' from the house, I have installed 3" pvc conduit in a trench for the wire from pole to house exterior. My plan is to install an exterior house mounted disconnect, then feed a 200 amp subpanel inside the house(through the crawlspace) that is on the other end of the house(60' straight and 25' to the right, so an 80' total run) to feed my branch circuits. I'm trying to avoid mounting an exterior subpanel for all my branch circuits as all my larger loads are where I'm planning to put the interior subpanel. My main questions are types of wire and size. I figure I'd run XHHW-2 in conduit from the meter to the house mounted disconnect, then transition to SER(I'm only considering this because it's a lot easier to run under the house) after the disconnect and feed the subpanel. Does this sound appropriate or should I put pvc conduit under the house as well and run single conductors. Wire sizing is a concern as it looks like my run is too long for 4/0 AL and may need 250. I'll also be running 4 wires after the meter and driving ground rods at the house mounted service disconnects I plan to us. Any help will be appreciated.
image.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks