Advice needed on Hybrid water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank Trivoluzzi

Reaction score
All,

Was looking into these two models. wanted to get advice if these are reliable and the way to go? Or a better model i should look at?

GE GeoSpring 80-Gallon 10-Year
Hybrid Water Heater ENERGY STAR
Model #: GEH80DFEJSR

Whirlpool 80-Gallon 10-Year Hybrid Water Heater ENERGY STAR
Model #: HPE2K80HD045V

Thanks,
Frank

sempreL

Reaction score
what ever you do don't buy a rheem!!! I purchased the 50 gallon hybrid model. It is a DISASTER. The unit began leaking from the top only 2 months after having it installed. Rheem refused to send anyone to come and repair or swap it out (they claimed that there was no one in my area to service it despite the fact that they advertised local contractors in my area who they deal with). They instead told me I had to return it myself to home depot and only offered to reimburse me a small fraction of what it costs to disconnect remove and reinstal a new one! Please stay away. This is an example of a manufacturing company being negligent about what they put out on the market. Read some of the reviews online. Worst customer service EVER

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
what ever you do don't buy a rheem!!! I purchased the 50 gallon hybrid model. It is a DISASTER. The unit began leaking from the top only 2 months after having it installed. Rheem refused to send anyone to come and repair or swap it out (they claimed that there was no one in my area to service it despite the fact that they advertised local contractors in my area who they deal with). They instead told me I had to return it myself to home depot and only offered to reimburse me a small fraction of what it costs to disconnect remove and reinstal a new one! Please stay away. This is an example of a manufacturing company being negligent about what they put out on the market. Read some of the reviews online. Worst customer service EVER

Rheem, as the other three major manufacturers of water heater (American, BradfordWhite and AO Smith), has never offered warranty on labor, delivery or mis-installation.

Not trying to "defend" them, but it makes sense.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the offered you ANYTHING towards the cost of replacing it, other than the new heater, you are ahead of the game. Most companies would NOT do that. I have had heaters leak the day they were installed, and it did not make any difference what brand they were.

JerryR

Reaction score
This is one time that Lowes Extended warranty is worth the piece of mind. It covers Parts and Labor for 9 years. If they can't fix it they install a new one. Cost is $99 for the EPP for a Hybrid Heat Pump water heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks