adjusting water level in Toto toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

JamesInLA

Reaction score
I installed a Toto Promenade about 2 weeks ago and can't get the water level to stop at the marked line. I've tried turning the adjustment screw but it spins freely. I think it's stripped. If so, is it easy to replace the valve head or even just the plastic insert that the screw sits in?
If anyone's curious, I'm very happy with the Toto. I installed an American Standard Champion and had the same problems everyone else did--loud shutoff and leaking from the tank. There seems to be a flaw in the Champion's design of the fit between the tank and bowl; I tightened the bolts as hard as I could but couldn't get the tank to meet the bowl. Interestingly, the Toto uses the same foam gasket as the Champion, but requires far less compression to get the tank and the bowl to meet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks