adjusting pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

LGLAS1

Reaction score

I have a SquareD pressure switch on my pump; FSG-2 Class 9013 on 30 lb off 50 lb. At this point the pressure shuts off at about 60 lbs and doesn't cut back in until about 30 lbs. It seems to take too long, and pressure in the shower drops drastically before rebounding. Should I adjust the pressure switch ; if so how ? ; or replace. It is about 10 years old.
Thanks

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I believe the shorter adjustment will raise your lower number to be 20 psi less than your maximun pressure, then the taller adjustment will lower both of them together if you might like to cut your high number back a bit.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your wanting to shorten the differential back to 20 psi. I would unscrew the short one first to lower the cutoff to 50 lbs. Now you have the twenty lb. differential and you can use the tall spring to raise both pressures up keeping the differential the same.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks