Adjustable Floor Drains

Users who are viewing this thread

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Before I finish up and pour concrete, what is the general consensus on adjustable style floor drains (abs)?

I require a trap primer for 2 floor drains, and thought this might be a good way to plan ahead for years ahead when the flooring might change height or something along those lines...

Waste of money?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ALL the good floor drains ARE adjustable, if for no other reason than that the finished floor level could change between the time the drain is installed and the concrete is poured. In most cases, cast iron drains have the TP opening tapped into them, but ABS/PVC drains require an additonal device between them and the trap for the TP connection.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, even if I don't go with an adjustable I'll still require a drain fitting that has a hub to drill/tap for my primer to connect to...

Unfortunately the guy at the supply-house I went to on a Saturday (the only one open sat, the rest are bankers hours), looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for an adjustable abs drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks