Adjust Temp on HJ-40 cartridge?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by JLang17, Mar 9, 2013.

1. JLang17

JLang17 New Member

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There should be a "limiting" ring that fits over the cartridge to control how far the stem can rotate towards the hot side. The cartridge itself is NOT adjustable.
  3. JLang17

JLang17 New Member

Thank you. I now have it adjusted, but I lost one of the gasket rings in the wall and now it leaks. It is the seal on the very back side of the cartridge and is shaped like a bubble "T". Do you know if I can buy just this ring or do I need to replace the whole cartridge? If I can buy the ring, where?
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have never seen those rings sold separately. There are literally dozens in not hundreds of different configurations. Who would want to stock those???