Adding Wetbar behind Washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Tvizzle

Reaction score
Okay.. I know there's hundreds of threads with the same question, but I cant seem to figure this out. We want to add a mini bar with a sink on the opposite side of the wall of the washing machine. All that is on this run is the kitchen sink and the washing machine, tied in right above the kitchen sink. Can I just cut the 1/2 abs vent stack and put a san tee on it? Is that legal? We're in Tacoma if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tvizzle

Reaction score
Another thought - Ive seen terrys popular diagram of how to do this:

washer_rough_b.jpg

But there's really no room at the bottom of the stack to cut the pipe and it's slab on grade. I could try to be careful cutting the old fittings off but I'm hoping theres an easier way to do it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Legal in Washington would be something like moving the p-trap on the washer farther over to gain space to add a separate vent for that, and then cutting in the bar sink over the existing santee that now vents the washer.
The standpipe on the washer can be offset using 45's,
The upstairs kitchen sink waste can also offset using 45's.
A plumbing permit in Washington doesn't allow the bar sink to wet vent over the washer.

Without a permit, cutting a santee over the washer could be done, but if done, it should be 2" on the vertical waste portion to help with venting.
Now it's only 1.5"

If a hub fitting needs to be reused, a RamBit helps to drill them out.

Tvizzle

Reaction score
How does this look?

I tried to copy your picture that everyone reposts. The vents are all 1.5", but anywhere that will have water flow is 2". The stub out and trap adapter for the sink is 1.5" too. I haven't glued anything in yet... I do have a permit and will need inspection :eek: Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is perfect!! :)

You're going to have a happy inspector.

One more thing, if you have a closed water system, he may want hammer arrestors for the washer shutoffs. I tend to use them anyway because it's easier on the solenoid valves on the washer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks