Adding sink drain next to washer

Users who are viewing this thread

aads

Reaction score
I am new to plumbing and I want to add a sink next to the washer. Would like to know what would be the right way to add a drain and vent for the sink. How about venting with AAV system? I am in Florida. The sink would be on the right side of the standpipe.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 247
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 268

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
First we would have to be sure that your sink is high enough to tie in above the sanitary tee for the standpipe. Then I would check your plumbing code to see if the laundry can be wet vented past the sink. I know I can do it here, but can't speak for Florida.

aads

Reaction score
The sink will be installed in a cabinet because it will be a bar/prep sink, don't have enough space for a utility sink.
The drain will have to be in the small cutout between the 2 wall studs, there is only 6 inches of space. Will it be possible?
Here is another pic.1.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The drain is going to have to stay outside of the wall to be tied into the vertical drain on the left. You cannot tie into the washer standpipe.

JerryR

Reaction score
Here is the way my Florida home is plumbed. You can see the washer drain trap that ties into the vent. There is a sink in the cabinet off to the left outside the picture view. You can see where it ties into the vent above where the washer drain ties in.

I has to open the wall due to a washer hose gasket leak which saturated the drywall,

JR

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks