Adding Kitchenette to basement with drain above floor

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by stonejohn9, Aug 25, 2011.

1. stonejohn9

stonejohn9 New Member

Hi there,

I've been lurking on the forums for awhile now without registering and haven't been able to figure out how I'm going to be able to do what I want. The sewer drain goes out of the basement wall about 4 feet up from the basement floor. I want to add a kitchenette, so basically just a sink, to the basement for convenience but how would I set it up to drain? Do I have to put in an ejector pump set up for just a sink or is there an alternative that would work?

Here's the layout that I was thinking. Obviously, black = walls.
    basement.png

Here's how the drain currently looks.
    The drain connector here comes from the upstairs kitchen sink. Which I'm planning on using the vent from that sink for the new sink in the basement.
    Image08222011162335.jpg
    Image08222011162353.jpg
    Image08222011162412.jpg

Thanks,
    John
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

You could use an under sink pump,if it is for limited use.

www.hartell.com LTA is one to search for on the site.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011