Adding Fixed Showerhead to Kingston Brass Tub/Shower Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

flukmanji

Reaction score
i want to add fixed Showerhead to this Tub filler/hand shower faucet Tub Filler & Hand Shower.jpg. this tub faucet Model # KS266 has 2-way diverter(either to filler or hand shower) so now how do i add fixed shower head so that it works with the exising Hot & Cold valve. do i need to add an additional diverter if so how do i do that?

flukmanji

Reaction score
thank you both Terry & hj for your responses. my concern is what type of 2-way transfer valve to purchase? is it to be installed separately on the wall or to be integrated within the faucet? if to be integrated within the faucet, then where to buy or which kind? unfortunately, i verified with Kingston Brass and they don't sell the transfer valve which i can integrate in this piece or install separately to add fixed showerhead.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't use a fixed set up with the tub valve and diverter.
At the best, it will be a hose threaded to something that diverts between the hand and the taller shower head on a rail.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can use a "shower arm" diverter fastened to the faucets hand held outlet, but you would still need a transition to whatever you use for the other head. A wall sliding rail and conventional "hand held" will give you a "fixed" shower head, whether you retain the one on the faucet or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks