Adding Fixed Showerhead to Kingston Brass Tub/Shower Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by flukmanji, Mar 12, 2013.

1. flukmanji

flukmanji New Member

i want to add fixed Showerhead to this Tub filler/hand shower faucet Tub Filler & Hand Shower.jpg . this tub faucet Model # KS266 has 2-way diverter(either to filler or hand shower) so now how do i add fixed shower head so that it works with the exising Hot & Cold valve. do i need to add an additional diverter if so how do i do that?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It would need a second diverter. It looks like a 1/2" threading on the hose. You could maybe add something there.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

the hose is connected with a 1/2" thread, but since it is not tapered, you would have to adapt with something that uses a gasket.
  4. flukmanji

flukmanji New Member

thank you both Terry & hj for your responses. my concern is what type of 2-way transfer valve to purchase? is it to be installed separately on the wall or to be integrated within the faucet? if to be integrated within the faucet, then where to buy or which kind? unfortunately, i verified with Kingston Brass and they don't sell the transfer valve which i can integrate in this piece or install separately to add fixed showerhead.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can't use a fixed set up with the tub valve and diverter.
    At the best, it will be a hose threaded to something that diverts between the hand and the taller shower head on a rail.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You can use a "shower arm" diverter fastened to the faucets hand held outlet, but you would still need a transition to whatever you use for the other head. A wall sliding rail and conventional "hand held" will give you a "fixed" shower head, whether you retain the one on the faucet or not.