Adding Basement washing machine to soil stack help

Users who are viewing this thread

codyvm

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and have done a lot of searching around to try and find a resolution to my task. I now turn to you for some appreciated help.

I am looking to relocate my main floor laundry to the basement. I'm looking to tie into the existing soil stack in the basement to add my washing machine drain and possibly a wash basin. In the attached picture below is the current setup. The main soil stack in this picture continues straight up to the main floor toilet. left branch in image is main floor sink drain. Right branch is the drain for the current washing machine on the main floor. The vent for the system continues up from the right branch as the washing machine is the highest fixture on that line.

What is the proper way to add the new drain line in for this system?
im in Alberta Canada if anyone is familiar with our code regulations

Note: I have access to the current vent on this system easily thru basement and main floor if I need to reroute something to make this work
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,088

Hammerlane

Reaction score
this diagram assumes venting only above fitting #5.....although in Canada you may be able to wet vent between floors now

Attachments

• Dave88LX%2520from%2520terry%2520forum%25202.jpg
    Dave88LX%2520from%2520terry%2520forum%25202.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 15,488
Last edited:

codyvm

Reaction score
Hammer, Thank you for the help. However my issue unfortunately is caused by the toilet #2 and sink #1 draining into the stack above what would be Number 5 on this list. in the image i have attached it shows line #3 This is the line that will no longer be in used as a drain and is connected directly to the vent. would it be possible to tie into that line to make this system work? Sorry guys i am a welder by trade and am trying to understand this fully before i do something wrong.
IMG_0434.jpg

Last edited:

Hammerlane

Reaction score
line #3 This is the line that will no longer be in used as a drain and is connected directly to the vent. would it be possible to tie into that line to make this system work?

I believe so....If that line #3 as you label it will not have any other fixtures draining into it then you could use it as the vent for the washer/sink in the basement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks