Adding a zone to my Hot water heat system

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by rockycmt, Nov 13, 2007.

1. rockycmt

rockycmt New Member

I curently have a 3 zone system. 1 zone is for an indirect hot water heater and the other 2 are heating zones. I would like to create 2 more zones. The zone valves are honeywells. They are 24volt vales and my system has 1, 24 vold transformer. I was wondering home many valvas I can run off that transformer? Is there a limit? I want to avoid adding to the exixting loops as to not create a long run.

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

the spec sheet for the valves will have a VA or wattage. Add them up, and compare with the available current for the transformer...you might be okay, but you may need a bigger one.
  3. Steven62

Steven62 New Member

adding zone

If you still need help with this, give the guys at Watts Radiant a call. Ask for Hydronic technical help. 800-276-2419
    They will help you design the best option!
  4. rockycmt

rockycmt New Member

Thanks for that contact. I will try it.

Also,
    Out of my boiler I have threaded iron pipe(I guess). Can I convert it to 1 inch copper to add 2 zones. I am very familiar with sweating copper and rather do that then rent a threader to build off the current manifold.