Adding a zone to my Hot water heat system

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I curently have a 3 zone system. 1 zone is for an indirect hot water heater and the other 2 are heating zones. I would like to create 2 more zones. The zone valves are honeywells. They are 24volt vales and my system has 1, 24 vold transformer. I was wondering home many valvas I can run off that transformer? Is there a limit? I want to avoid adding to the exixting loops as to not create a long run.

Thanks,
Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
the spec sheet for the valves will have a VA or wattage. Add them up, and compare with the available current for the transformer...you might be okay, but you may need a bigger one.

Steven62

Reaction score
adding zone

If you still need help with this, give the guys at Watts Radiant a call. Ask for Hydronic technical help. 800-276-2419
They will help you design the best option!

Rockycmt

Reaction score
Thanks for that contact. I will try it.

Also,
Out of my boiler I have threaded iron pipe(I guess). Can I convert it to 1 inch copper to add 2 zones. I am very familiar with sweating copper and rather do that then rent a threader to build off the current manifold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks