Adding a Laundry Sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by srubin1701, Nov 20, 2006.

1. srubin1701

srubin1701 New Member

So I want to add a laundry sink next to the washing machine and dryer. I can T into the PVC supply lines or come up through the basement...

The problem is on the Drain side.

Can I simply T into the vertical drain line below where the washing machine pumps its discharge into? ... I'm only 2 feet from the drain.

As another alternative, I could drill the waste line down into the basement and tie into the stack there, but I'm not sure about the vent.

Another thought was to use an AAV, although I get the impression that plumbers arent' particularly happy with them....

Anythoughts are appreciated, I'd like to install this over the thanksgiving break.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Many places will want a vent for both fixtures.
    I think that if you use an AAV, that it would be better for the sink, than the washer.
    Hammer arrestors on the water supply are a good idea too.