add subfloor in basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am add 1" foam and 23/32" subfloor on the basmenet floor. So the floor level will rise about 2". in the bathroom, there are toilet, cleanout and floor drain. how can layout there to make them still function properly and the finishing result also looks good?

Attachments

• IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,640
  • IMG_4228.jpg
    IMG_4228.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,638
  • IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,182

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It's part of the job.
The toilet flange needs to be on top of the finished floor. The only right way to fix it is to break concrete and rework the riser.

The cleanout needs to be accessible, so you could just do an access panel for it.

If you are not required to have a floor drain, it can be sealed and covered over. If the room floods, a drain will not save your new subfloor. I would be just as concerned with the possibility of the drain backing up and causing the flood.

lmei007

Reaction score
can I use the this type of flange to avoid rework the riser for toilet?

how big the panel will be for the cleanout access opening?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 934

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Poor choice. Plastic flanges tend to break. You seem to think that breaking out some concrete is a huge deal. It's not. A small rotary hammer/drill will make short work of it. This is not a place for a Mickey Mouse job.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
What about adding a clean out on the vertical leg of the main stack? Is it then possible to set in a twist and set Water Closet Flange without busting up the concrete?

JW

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would never use any kind of a flange that just pushes into the pipe. I really doubt that it would ever pass a pressure test either.

If it was mine I would do it right the first time. If you want to do a hack job, at least do one that will last as long at you will.

lmei007

Reaction score
What about adding a clean out on the vertical leg of the main stack? Is it then possible to set in a twist and set Water Closet Flange without busting up the concrete?

JW

I just found there are two cleanouts there. Which one plumber will use or they are for different purpose?

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpg
    IMG_4241.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,051
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks