ADA Dartmouth vs Drake vs something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cherie

Reaction score
I'm remodeling a bathroom and have been researching toilets for some time now. I hear many good things about the Drake, but I like the appearance of the Dartmouth better. Can anyone tell me anything about the Dartmouth based on their experience? It concerns me that no one seems to be buying that model. Does it flush as quietly as the Drake? I need the ADA version.

Also, I'm somewhat concerned about posts indicating clogging problems with the Drake. Isn't the point of a Toto to avoid those problems?

One more thing-- are there any toilets out there that flush well and have a good bowl rinse that are under $400?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake gets about 900 grams on the MaP ratings.
I know people that have never plugged one.
So I wouldn't say there's an issue with plugging.

There are people that plug everything they use.

The Dartmouth is a nice looking Drake essentially.
Both these are less than $400
Rinse is fine for a 1.6
I have the equivalent in a one-piece, the Ultramax, and I don't even think about it.
By the way, that's been here for 1.5 years without a plug.
Not that I couldn't find someone that would, they're out there.

You will find comments here, because there is so much other information too.
I sell about three thousand of the Toto every year, most of it repeat business.
I sell a little of the other brands, not so much repeat business.
I do carry all brands.
And I've used most of the toilets out there at some time.
The Toto quality control is one of the best, so from an installers viewpoint, it's top notch.

If you didn't mind going a bit higher on cost, the Toto Soiree one-piece traditional style toilet, has the height, CEFIONTECT, and double cyclone flush.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I also sell alot of Toto (80%) of my business and I sold 108 Dartmouth's last year, 160 in 2005 and 48 so far this year.
I haven't received and complaints about them, they have the same flushing system as the Drake.
I would think the only difference is the Dartmouth is more of a "Traditional" look as apposed to the Drake which is more of a "Standard" toilet look.
I would recommend the SS154-01 Traditional Soft-Close seat for the Dartmouth it compliments the foot of the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks