Acryline air jet tubs?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by black_bird, Aug 20, 2008.

1. black_bird

black_bird New Member

We would like to install an air jet tub in our new build and are looking at Acryline and Bain Ultra. I can find information on Bain Ultra online, but have not seen any reviews or comments on Acryline. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this company?
    http://www.acrylineusa.com/
    or
    http://www.acrylicanada.com/

Thanks!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I looked at the Bane Ultra when I was deciding, and ended up with one from www.jasoninternational.com. It's a brother of the original jacuzi family that started his own company. I don't remember the model, but I ended up with a 72x36" air tub.
  3. GregO

GregO New Member

acrylic tub

I've only used BainUltra and am very happy with their product build (bought through Thomas Somerville in Northern Virginia). I personally wouldn't hesitate buying from BainUltra again. But I'd recommend calling a few plumbing shop suppliers in your area that carry each brand and ask them for any opinions as well as going and seeing in person representative samples from each manufacturer.
    Greg
  4. black_bird

black_bird New Member

Thanks for the replies

Still haven't been able to find anything on Acryline, so we're going to go ahead with the Azur55 from Bain Ultra.
  5. rtwill

rtwill New Member

I have had nothing but problems with my BainUltra jet tub. My tub would turn on randomly throughout the night, so I would be in bed and hear air rushing from the tub in the middle of the night. Within a year of installation the lights on the keypad stopped functioning. Called their customer service department and they will not honor their warranty. Apparently their electronics and keypads are poorly constructed. The BainUltra employee I spoke to suggested I replace the tub altogether.
  6. sarah1028

sarah1028 New Member

Please please do not buy a Bain Ultra tub. Mine has a huge crack in it and I have had it for two weeks. The company will not replace it. They are terrible.