acid neutralizer

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by devans175, Oct 19, 2010.

1. devans175

devans175 New Member

I've been trying to find a solution for the acid water from my well. I've had several companies out, offering to sell me systems that cost in the neighborhood of $6000. I really can't handle this expense. I'd like a do it yourself option. I was going to go with a Kenmore softener (hardess is 105 mg/L) and I'd like some suggestions on a Nuetralizer.

I like the kenmore option for the softener because I know I'll always be able to get parts and service from sears. That is important to me for the neutralizer as well. There are a bunch of options online, but who knows if my local well guys will be able to do repairs or get parts.

My pH is 5.4. Thanks!
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

If you aren't going to be a DIYer to install and repair your equipment, then buy from a local water treatment dealer. If you buy online those same local dealers/well drillers will demonstrate their ignorance and refuse to install and especially service the equipment in most cases.

Depending on the size and the make/model of control valve, a down flow backwashed AN filter should be in the range of $600-$850 delivered without installation. Anyone asking $6000 for one even with a softener is a crook.