Access panels and wet walls.

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by rap, May 18, 2012.

1. rap

rap New Member

Back in the day, i worked as an operative for Termite companies and, i'd say, on 60% of positive inspections, water damage from plumbing was called. One morning i pulled and re-set six different, leaking WC's in six different houses. Upper floor WC leaks were the homeowner's nightmare.

One expensive, Berkeley hills house had to be pulled apart by others, and by ourselves, searching for a significant leak - everybody who showed up had a different bright idea. Inspection panels in a few strategic places might have eliminated much of the tear-out. ( It was a redundant shower valve, left in a double-walled position between two re-model's and the original house.)

My two cents experience of construction and the building trades is that a certain amount of careless, irresponsible and lazy work is a sad, but realistic given.
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Thank you! :)
  3. Cookie

Cookie .

I have developed through the years more than an interest in this stuff. I am qualified to do appraisals, and have been doing home inspections, still under the guidance of a company. I work hard.

Like my sig line, I was given a bag of hammers and, I decided to build something.
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. chefwong

chefwong New Member

I have not read every response but I think access panels are a great thing - well to a degree on the location and how it fits A-e-S-thetically.

I used them in my current remodel.

I'm thinking about incorporating it into my upcoming bathroom remodel with a plate and some ball catches.

Wind Lock makes some of the best eye pleasing access panels out there.......