Access panel for Roman Tub Faucet?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by handyman923, May 9, 2011.

1. handyman923

handyman923 New Member

I am installing a soaking tub with a roman tub faucet. The roman tub faucet has a pull-out hand-held sprayer with a braided stainless steel hose with threaded fittings at each end. The hose will retract to below the tub deck.

Do I need an access panel for this faucet?

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Probably not, but I would install a short braided stainless steel "whip" hose between the faucet and the hand held, (long enough to reach above the deck when it is pulled out), so if the hand held hose breaks, which they are prone to do, you do NOT have to disconnect it from the faucet, which would require an access panel.