ABS vs CI in commercial/residential 3 story

Users who are viewing this thread

suncoasttubs

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 3" CI drainage line fed by 2" copper. The CI is about three feet long from the point where the copper T's into it, to it's first 45 which leads to a hub and a 4" stack. The 45 was clogged and I undid the clamps and cleared the elbow but the pipe itself is filled with sludge so that the drain water in the copper line (drains 4 showers on two stories above) backs up into the 2nd story shower. Another 2" copper line also drains into this from a different direction. My problem is that there is no cleanout in the cast iron line and I'm afraid to remove the section of cast and clean it for fear of flooding the floor of the ground level offices with the famous stinky black sludge. All of this is usually hidden above a double layer of 5/8 firestop so going on a journey of exploration looking for another cleanout upstream is very difficult. There is a cleanout in the copper but my snake won't make the 90 where the copper hits the CI. I have a vac truck available but wondered if anyone had a better (cheaper) idea? The CI is clamped together so I could disassemble it and put in an ABS section with a cleanout temporarily. After that I'm fresh out of ideas. Help?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks