ABS to Cast Iron - Mechanical Connection Ontario Code

Users who are viewing this thread

geocade

Reaction score
Hello:

For reasons that are too lengthy to get into, I am in the position of having to connect a 4" ABS waste pipe to a 4" cast iron waste pipe. What is different is that this connection has to be made outside of the foundation wall (buried) between the house and the septic tank.

Does Code in Canada - specifically Ontario - permit a simple Fernco type mechanical connection with SS clamps and band for this. Is this even acceptable here - I believe it is in other jurisdictions??

Any help is appreciated (if you need the story as why I have to do this I can provide a long storey....)

Geocade

geocade

Reaction score
Thanks. I had to get it done and that's what I went with. Thanks for confirming that I gambled the right way.

Geocade

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks