ABS Sewer (Stack Pipe)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by irvinew, Jun 28, 2010.

1. irvinew

irvinew New Member

Hi

I recently had to get my cast iron stack pipe replaced. Only half the job was done because the lower stack pipe (in the basement) was composed of ABS and ran through the concrete bracing wall I had poured awhile ago. Now the 2nd part of the job is coming up but I am wondering is it okay to run a ABS pipe through concrete? There is a a slight vertical crack where the pipe is. I'd rather push the job back if it is okay to do this.
  2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

You need a some type of metal sleeve for abs to go though because of

stress from concrete settlement, !

Usually plumbers wrap a Styrofoam wrap of a bout 3/4" around the pipe

before concrete is first poured